For sure the situation is getting ugly and all the newspapers are reporting gloomy news by the minutes, but good news should exist in this recession - they always do, it's just a matter of finding them sometimes.
I thought I will share with you some good news and maybe you can find other ways to make this economy work for you.
How has the financial crisis affected us positively?
1. This crisis has gotten people nervous about their job security and from what I have observed, there are more people going to church, seeking spiritual “security” - which is a positive news.
2. Those who loss money to the economy will understand, their investment portfolio may have devalue, but the price of their lives and family will never depreciate, in fact they are priceless.
3. The financial crisis has prompted many more people to follow our dreams and re-examine their priorities in life. I have left my job last year to pursue my MBA and I am now looking at services that I can provide for non-profit organizations.
4. With more uncertainty, people are saving more than before. Saving is a good habit and saving more is great for us! (But not so great for the economy. :p )
5. The interest rates have gone down significantly if you compare it to a year back and this is the best time to refinance your mortgages if you have any. Another great saving tips!
Have you found a silver lining to the economic crisis?